All materials have an optimal cutting speed which is typically stated in Surface Feet Per Minute (SFM).
SFM = Cutting tool diameter (inches) × RPM × 0.262
|Aluminum – soft to medium-hard||18,000 SFM|
|Aluminum – hard and/or anodized||12,000 SFM|
|Brass – less than 150 Brinell||10,000 SFM|
|Bronze – less than 150 Brinell||12,000 SFM|
The performance of all cutting tools, including Everlast saws, will be affected by these key factors:
- The type of machine being used
- Rigidity of the machine
- Cutting tool sharpness (dullness)
- Material feed type (manual or automatic)
- Secure clamping of material on both sides of the cutting tool
- Material being cut in single layer or stack cut
Consult with Everlast to help select the optimum saw for your cutting application.